Thursday 27 November 2014

The Swarmlord, the Tyrantlord of the Hive Mind, the Herald of the Great Devourer, and the Destroyer of the Kha'la Empire.

That's quite a mouthful. But he deserves it. The single most awesome creature in the galaxy. The deadliest, most badass creature you will ever meet. And he doesn't give a shit about you. Unless you're really important. Like...Marneus Calgar important. And even then only maybe. This guy only shows up when you are screwing up the hive mind's plans in a major way, and need to be dealt with. And deal with you he will. While I feel his stats are a little underpowered, such as his invulnerable save shouldn't just be in close combat, as long as he has a Tyrant Guard (which I don't), he will be a major pain for your opponent.

My personal Swarmlord has crossed blades with the great Abaddon the Despoiler himself, and slaughtered dozens of Imperial Guardsmen, troopers and officers alike. He's even taken out a Space Wolf Dreadnought. I really need to get myself a box of Tyrant Guard so he can be even more awesome. Maybe some backup Hive Tyrants to accompany him as well. In any case, I enjoyed painting this guy immensely, I had to do a little cutting and glueing to give him four boneswords, which I find are much more awesome than the ones he's supposed to have. I remember the exact moment he was all painted and I glued the final arm into place, it was as if he came to life. Such an awesome figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment