Tuesday 25 November 2014

Let's start small...

So, as mentioned, I was now totally into Tyranids. I started by purchasing an army box, the one with 3 Warriors, 16 Termagaunts and 16 Hormagaunts. It's probably no longer even available. I then started by leaving said box alone for quite some time, painting a few Grey Knights (which I might show later), trying out Imperial Guard, but one fateful day last winter, the internet went out in my crummy apartment.
It was out for a total of three days, and I thought I was going to lose my mind. However, during my boredom I found my brand new box of Tyranids, and having saved the article mentioned earlier, I started painting. Now, I didn't start with the Ripper swarms, I believe the first miniatures to be completed was a squad of 3 Warriors. But for this blog's sake, I am starting with my little Ripper swarms. I do like these chaps. They pack a serious punch, especially when upgraded a bit. And they're great for keeping your opponent locked in combat so you can focus on other things.
I found them fun and easy to paint, albeit a little fiddly, but I managed nonetheless to paint a whopping 7 of them in a day. Here they are in their tiny but furious glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment