Tuesday 25 November 2014

Introducing Hive Fleet Fury

Well, I have a confession to make. I have not been working on my Carcharodons, in fact I have now either sold off or dismantled almost every miniature I had in my space marine army. I like to think of it as they being off on some distant crusade outside our own galaxy. Who knows when or if they'll return! Perhaps when I'm richer and can afford those lovely Forgeworld miniatures the Carcharodons deserve.

In any case, in my hunger and thirst for more to build and paint, I turned to a new army, influenced by the shiny new figures Games Workshop was pumping out, and the shiny new codex. Also a close friend was a fellow hive minder, but more on that later. I settled on Tyranids as my new army, an army I'd really liked for some time, but never had started on for a very simple reason, albeit one you'll find is quite common for me, I had no idea how to paint them. For some reason I never liked the two-colour 'nids you see in every army. Sure, some of them are done well, even to the point of inducing minor nerdgasms, but still. Some of the finest I'd seen were airbrushed and absolutely stunning one-colour armies, but nothing I could ever hope to replicate.

Until now. I do read the Games Workshop blog from time to time, and was fortunate to come across a Tyranid article where some poor chap who's name I've quite forgotten was featured with his Hive Fleet Fury. What caught my eye, was his fabulous paintjob, and especially the basic recipe in the article! It stated which colours to use and how, in what order. I did save a few of the pictures from the article, so here they are, not my miniatures, which will follow later, but the ones of the creator of Hive Fleet Fury that inspired me to start collecting Tyranids.




No comments:

Post a Comment