Tuesday 25 November 2014

Next on the evolutionary line... gaunts!

Everyone loves gaunts. Actually that's not true. Everyone hates gaunts. Whether it be hormies or termies, they're just not loved by anyone. My opponents hate them because there are so many of them, and they have so many attacks! I hate them because there are so many of them, and I have to paint each and every one to a decent standard or I will cringe every time I see them!

That being said, the hormagaunts were painted during the internet outage last winter, and as such where finished quite swiftly and painlessly. There were only 16 of them, and while I feel I should definitely pick up another box, I do not look forward to painting another 16 of them. We shall see. In any case, here are the little buggers. Stabby stabby.

 

The Termagaunts were finished at a much later time, actually during this fall. So almost 9 months after their Hormagaunt cousins. I had volunteered to partake in an exhibition match against Chaos Marines at my university, to promote the Warhammer Club and try to get some more members. Before the game started though, we had some time to sit and paint, and chat with people coming by our stand to look at our miniatures and ask what it all was about. I got in a good deal of painting that morning, having basecoated all of them beforehand. Since my colourscheme is mostly drybrushing, it does go fast to paint, it's the cleaning and filing beforehand that takes time.

A few days after the exhibition match, I had finished all the termies I owned. It was rather the same feeling as with the hormies, I loved how they performed in battle, but there was just so much cleaning involved in a squad I wasn't looking forward to another (though at this point in time, I actually do have a box ready and waiting). Here they are, in any case, for your viewing pleasure. I also realize I failed to mention it in my earlier posts, but comments and criticisms are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment