Tuesday 25 November 2014

Genestealers

Fluffwise, one of my all-time favourite units in the 40k universe. Genestealers are frikkin' awesome and terrifying. I knew I had to have a unit of them, probably more than one. And the Broodlord was always way up on my to have list, even before I started collecting 'nids.

I actually believe these Genestealers came in the same box I mentioned earlier, and they were what I painted right after the Warriors. I didn't get a Broodlord until later, and then another when Games Workshop re-released Space Hulk. Unfortunately, during construction and moving around furniture, one of his arms got lost, and I was forced to replace it with rending claws and talons from the Warriors box I had. Ah well, he came out good enough. I wanted to do the Genestealers a little different from the regular troops, give them a slightly more... well, human appearance I guess. They are infiltrators afterall, so I felt they shouldn't be as chitinous and shiny as the rest of the troops. Here they are, for your viewing pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment