Thursday 28 April 2011

Brother Vermis - Ironclad Dreadnought



Woo! I got my Mk IV Ironclad Dreadnought from Forge World a couple of days ago, and I loved it. It's a stunning machine, looking really imposing and aggressive. Of course, the chainfist and close combat arm help with that. It was fun to paint as well, being the biggest mini I've painted so far. I especially went for the close combat stuff, since it fits so well in my army. I'm still waiting for the base, which I ordered from Dragonforge. I'll post up a pic when that's done, but I couldn't wait to share it as it stands as of now.

You may remember one of my first minis, a terminator, was called Brother Vermis. But since the guy he's named after is a good friend, I decided the Ironclad fits him much better. ;)

Anyway, as for the weapons loadout, it's all really aesthetics for me, since there's no one to play in my area. I can just go for what I like really, hehe. Anyway, I've completely fallen for dreadnoughts. After playing around with them in DoW: Retribution, I really have taken a shine to these mean machines. I can just picture Brother Vermis drop-podding into a group of heretics, and his augmented voice booming out: "I have come to eviscerate you." I think I'm going to get another dreadnought. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Shit yeah dude, that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to post a blood and gore tutorial, I think yours is the best I have seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree, that is the wettest, goriest blood splatter I have seen in a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, glad you like it. :)

    Red: The blood is quite easy. I first read how to do it on the Miniatures from Valhall blog. Anyway, all you really need is Tamiya Clear Red, Chaos Black and a stipple brush.

    First you apply the TCR, wherever it is you want your gore. Then you let it dry for about 30-40 seconds. Take your stipple brush and start 'stabbing' at it, giving it texture.
    Then mix up very little Chaos Black with TCR, and repeat over the same area. The TCR dries nicely, giving the gore a nice, clotted feel about it.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "a couple of days ago"

    Man, you're killing me. You painted this in a couple of days? I'd spend a couple of weeks making something look this good! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe. Well, 'fortunately' I'm unemployed atm, so I can spend a lot of hours painting. Unfortunately, I'm unemployed atm, which means I can't buy all the shiny Forge World minis I want :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tyberos,

    Just wanted to drop in and say a huge thanks for the Blood Recipe. I've used it on a few things now and I have never seen blood look so good on a model.

    Here's my latest:
    http://reds-corps.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-i-lied-terminator-chaplain-pics.html

    Once again thanks, such a great technique!!!

    Redscorps

    ReplyDelete