Saturday 16 April 2011

Tyberos revisited!



Well, after having spent some time looking at good old Tyberos, still my favourite mini to date, I decided to find out what he'd look like bare-headed, like how those poncy blue marine officers tend to walk around, inviting snipers all around to take a shot, and then with his original helmet. I found a nice head from the Empire Outriders box, seemed like it would look good on Tyberos. And it did, I was quite pleased. I gave him some scars, maybe a bit too many, but meh. He's a warrior, not a poet.

Of course, after taking a picture, I had to then finish off the original helmet which I fortunately had kept, and see how it looked. I was stunned. It just looks so much better than either the bare head or the helmet I'd chosen. Needless to say, this is now the new look of my chapter master, and he is gorgeous.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! I bet he keeps the scrubbing servitors very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to be mean, but with the bare-headed version, it doesn't look right. reading imperial armour 10, he's supposed to have half his face missing (i.e. just the skull showing in places). however, excellent paint job, it has to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig: No probs, I haven't actually bought IA 10 yet, so I hadn't read that part. Interesting, though. :) I really hope I can pick it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure if he is missing flesh or it is just thin and taunt, it said his skull was visible when he grinned, wether that means he was missing skin or it just pulled it tight exposing the skull under it

    ReplyDelete